Damages caused by Flood
Floods cause a great loss of life. The rivers overflow the banks and great damage results.
- Floods carry away men and animals.
- It turns agricultural fields and even villages into vast sheets of water.
- Trees are uprooted.
- Crops are washed away.
- Cottages are leveled to the ground.
- All living creatures except fish are drowned.
- Corpses and carcasses float away on water. Telegraph wires are torn asunder.
- There is “water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink”.
- The polluted water men drink adds to their misery, for, epidemics soon break out in the affected areas.
- Cholera, typhoid and dysentery make their appearance when water subsides.
In short, a flood in the countryside leaves its victims poor and helpless beyond description.
– Ajay Soni