Sources of Air Pollution in India
Sources of Air Pollution in India are
- Gaseous emissions from automobile exhausts are important sources of air pollution in India. The automobiles emit un-burnt hydrocarbons CO, NO2 and lead oxide.
- Industrial chimney wastes are responsible for massive air pollution in India. Metallurgical plants, smelters, leather, synthetic rubber, chemicals and similar other industries pollute local atmospheric air.
- Coal burning fly ash, SO2, CO, NO2 are the harmful pollutants released from thermal power plants,
- Harmful substances like pesticides, dust particles spread through the agricultural fields.
- Dust particles that are released from cement factories, Coal based thermal plants, etc. causes substantial air pollution.