Meaning of Bicycle
- Bicycle is a two wheeled vehicle which moves through paddling. It is has two back to back wheels driven by human paddle.
- A vehicle with metal frames mounted on two spooked wheels run by paddling. It has a handle bar for steering, a saddle and a chain which join the two wheels.
- Bicycle doesn’t require fuel for movement. It is not powered by an engine.
- There are many advantages of having a bicycle. Let’s have a look at them.
- The bicycle is the cheapest mode of communication.
- It doesn’t require fuel.
- It saves money.
- It doesn’t emit greenhouse gases.
- You can lose your weight by travelling on it.
- It protects you from diseases like strokes, diabetes, etc.
- It increases strength and endurance.
- It is the best activity for recreation.
- It is safe and there is less chance of heavy injuries.
- Your joint mobility is improved.
- It reduces stress.
- It saves time as you do not need to take out extra time for exercise.
- There is less chance of road mishaps and accident.
- There is no traffic congestion.
- Cycling is a popular sport, and the grand cycling events are organized throughout the world.
There are some disadvantages of the bicycle too. Some of them are.
- It is not suitable for travelling for long routes.
- It is not a quick mode of transport.
- It cannot carry more than two people.
- You cannot carry big things from one place to another through bicycle.
- People get tired after cycling a lot.
- It is not suitable for old people, differently able people.
- There is no protection from rain and the sun.
- It becomes painful while travelling on the bad road.
- You may get cold as there is no protection from cold winds.
- Cycling on mountains sometime leads to the fatal accident.
- It is not easy to find service centre for the bicycle in urban areas.
- Continuous sitting on saddle leads to pain in back and lower legs.
- The maintenance cost of the bicycle is high.
- You can come in direct contact of vehicular pollution during travelling by bicycle.
The bicycle is one of the greatest inventions of mankind. It is an environment friendly, best mode of transport for shorter distances. This is the cheapest mode of transport. However, there are some disadvantages too. You may get wet during rain and sweat during summer. But, it is indeed one of the best sports for recreational activities.