Meaning of Computer Game
- A computer game is the game played on the computer. It is a game in which the movements of character appearing on the computer screen are controlled by pressing the mouse and joystick.
- It is a game played by manipulating an input device in response to graphics appearing on the computer screen.
- It is an electronic game that involves interaction with the visual graphics displayed on the computer screen as per user instructions.
- A game played on a computer for developing reasoning and hand eye coordination by giving a fast response by the user for pictures displayed on the computer.
Computer Games offers many advantages. Let’s have a look at them.
- Computer Games improves memory and speed.
- It increases attention.
- It develops creativity.
- Your cognitive skills developed.
- It enhances the problem-solving skills.
- It keeps the people engaged.
- It reduces stress.
- Your reasoning ability improves.
- It encourages teamwork.
- It inculcates decision-making skills.
- Your hand-eye coordination improves.
- It reduces cravings for smoking and drinking.
- It strengthens your will power by giving you challenge.
- Your self-confidence is boosted.
- It gives you entertainment.
Computer Games has some disadvantages too. Some of them are:
- Your time is wasted playing games.
- It becomes an addiction.
- It leads to eyestrain and poor visibility.
- It creates a headache.
- Long hours of sitting leads to body ache and poor blood circulation.
- It may lead to poor blood circulation.
- Long hours of playing game cause anxiety.
- It increases obesity due to lack of exercises.
- You may skip meal.
- It increases laziness.
- You have less interest in outdoor activities.
- People avoid sleeping to play games.
- It leads to daydreaming. Your mind is filled with the strategy to win games.
- It distracts from the study.
- You may avoid going to office, school just to play the game.
The computer games are played by millions of people daily. They generate huge opportunities and sources of income for thousands of people. They are entertaining as well as develop our cognitive skills. However, excess of anything is bad so are computer games. It leads to many health problems and distracts us from our life goals. Computer Games helps us in study as well. They help us to understand the complex concept easily.