When it comes to living in a big city, we tend to have different opinions. As usual, everything has its positive and negative side.
Advantages of Living in a Big City
- Easy access to social amenities makes the big city’s life more interesting. You can hop from a cinema hall to a high-end club and finish your weekend watching your favorite team at the stadium. All these activities are within the city.
- Well established transport network makes it possible to explore different parts of the city at any time of the day or night.
- There are numerous employment opportunities in the city, so chances are you will not stay penniless for long unless you are perpetually lazy.
- There is no other place that will give you options to meet and socialize with people from all walks of life, if not in the city. As such, you learn other cultures and blend it with yours to have a whole new way of life.
Disadvantages of Living in a Big City
On the flip side, living in a big city comes with its share of problems:
- The crime rate is very high due to ever-swelling population against scarce resources.
- Cities are known to be the perfect locations for factories and industries. As such, pollution becomes a perennial problem for the environment and our health.
- In the city, everything revolves around money. Therefore, it is costly living there and you may end up retiring to rural areas with nothing to show for it.
Therefore, you can choose which side suits you depending on your preference. After all, we are masters of our own destinies and whatever we choose, might affect us either way.