The emergence of lifestyle diseases has brought about the topic of organic food. As much as it is now a commonly used term, much need clarification. That is where this article comes in. It highlights the meaning of organic food. Additionally, it points out the benefits of organic food. Continue reading to find out all about organic food.
What is Organic Food?
Organic Food is food that is a product of farming methods that don’t include livestock feed additives, growth regulators, pesticides or artificial fertilizers among others.
In other words, it is food produced by a farmer who complies with organic farming standards.
Organic food is the farm’s produce after farming without the use of hormones, genetically modified organisms or antibiotics.
It is food produced using natural fertilizers such as manure.
It is the harvest after utilizing farming practices that not only conserve the environment but also avoids a lot of synthetics farm inputs.
The Benefits of Organic Food
- Most organic food is safe for consumption since it lacks toxins such as pesticides.
- They have relatively high levels of vitamins and antioxidants compared to their inorganic counterparts.
- Did you know that high levels of nitrogen increase the risk of getting some cancers? Fortunately, organic food contains a little amount of the same.
- Due to their low level of nitrogen, organic food prevents certain diseases.
- For proteins such as dairy have more omega-3 fatty acids.
- That is the same case when it comes to vitamin E and iron as well.
- It is no secret that cadmium is a metal dangerous to your health. When comparing inorganic and organic food, the levels are higher by 48% in the former than in the latter.
- The food has minimal antibiotic-resistant
- The food strengthens the immune system.
- It also promotes growth and reproduction.
- The practices of producing organic food have helped in environment preservation a great deal.
- Due to the lack of preservatives, organic vegetables and fruits are usually sold
It is no secret that if you don’t eat healthily, there are diseases that will come up. The discussion above highlights how organic food can assist. The above benefits show how beneficial organic food can be. If you have been in a dilemma regarding this matter, we have put it to rest. It is high time you started eating organic food. Otherwise, you will never reap the benefits above.