A hobby can be defined as an activity which is done by a person in his/her free time which he/she is passionate about. When an activity is done on a regular basis just for the sake of enjoyment, it is called a hobby. Collecting coins, playing guitar, etc. can be considered as hobbies.
The importance of a hobby is as follows:
- Hobbies are a very important part of life as they are what we really like to do and that makes us what we really are, e., our hobbies define our personalities.
- Hobbies can relax you and take away the stress & pressure of everyday life.
- One becomes skilled in a hobby by practicing it for long, which makes one more patient.
- One can create social contacts with people who share the same hobbies as you do.
- A hobby is known to increase your confidence level as it improves your sense of achievement.
- Spending leisure time doing a hobby is the best way of doing something productive and meaningful.
- It boosts your skill set and knowledge which will definitely come in handy in the future.
Therefore, investing time in a hobby is of great importance.