William Shakespeare was an English writer and poet and is considered the best of all writers who used the English language. He is till date the most famous playwright in the world.
About William Shakespeare:
- Shakespeare’s plays have been translated into over 50 languages and performed across the globe.
- William Shakespeare is the best-selling fiction author with over 4 billion copies sold till date.
- His works related to Tragedy, Comedy, and historical works through poetry and prose.
- It is a fact that not much is known about William Shakespeare because of no autobiographical letters or diaries and no surviving descendants.
- Shakespeare worked with his company of men at the Global Theatre until around 1610 and then retired from performing at the stage.
- “The Bard” or “The Bard of Avon” was attributed to Shakespeare for his birthplace being “Stratford-upon-Avon” in the United
- The global theatre, the historic theatre where Shakespeare performed is still visited by millions of tourists every year.
Conclusion: Therefore, Shakespeare is still considered to be the most prominent figure in language. There are a lot of phrases which are colloquial now but originated back from the 17th century of Shakespeare’s time such as “Breaking the ice” or “Heart of gold” etc. So, what’s going to be your Shakespeare read?