Rakesh Sharma, born on 13th January 1949, is a former Indian Air Force Pilot who flew aboard on Soyuz T-11 into space, launched on 2nd April 1984 as a part of Inter-cosmos program. Rakesh Sharma is the only Indian Citizen to travel in space.
- He was elected as a cosmonaut to travel into space as part of a combined programme by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Intercosmos ( a Soviet space programme) on September 20, 1982.
- Rakesh Sharma is the first and the only Indian to travel in space.
- He spent eight days in space along with two other Soviet cosmonauts.
- Upon his return, he was awarded the honor of Hero of Soviet Union.
- The Government of India honored its highest gallantry award, the Ashoka Chakra to Mr. Rakesh Sharma and the other two members of his mission.
- Rakesh Sharma retired with the rank of the Wing Commander and joined Hindustan Aeronautics in 1987.
- He also served as the Chief Test Pilot in HAL Nashik Division and retired from there in 2001.
Conclusion: Rakesh Sharma, being first and the only Indian to travel in space is considered valuable to the history of India and is an inspiration to the youth of the country.
The monsoon season is loved by all and is considered to be the best of all seasons. The rainy day makes the day a pleasant one, and the atmosphere is filled with joy. Whether children, adults or seniors- everyone loves this day.
- Rain provides water for the harvesting of crops which gives us food to eat.
- Rain gives everyone a relief after the dust and heat of the summer.
- Rain provides for water to drink, which is the essential element of human life.
- Post-rainy day is a scenic beauty for everyone and is loved by small children as they come out on the streets, enjoy and float paper boats.
- Rain provides for a balance in nature, by maintaining the weather cycle around the world.
- Rain gives life to flora and fauna, as animals tend to drink water from the stored water post-rains.
- Rain calls for delicious food on a pleasant day, which includes various types of snacks to justify the weather.
Conclusion: Therefore, a rainy day not only helps to overcome heat and dust but also provides for a lovely atmosphere, leading to a good mood.
Teachers – Paragraph 1
A teacher is a person who teaches children in school, college or tuition. He/she is the one who shares knowledge and inculcates values in children. A teacher acts as a mentor and guides children through their school or college days. They are responsible for the growth and development of the mental faculty of children.
- Teachers educate the young generation who later become the workforce of the next generation.
- They are responsible for the growth and development of the mind and personality by putting their brains to work.
- The wisdom imparted by a teacher stays throughout the lifetime of children and aids them in all circumstances.
- They make students responsible, humble and law-abiding citizens.
- The quality education given by teachers results in a brighter future for kids.
- They provide us with answers to every question of life and give moral support in difficult times.
- A teacher can give wings to your creative side by inspiring and showing you the correct path. He/she can also help in selecting a possible career path by testing your strengths and weaknesses.
Thus, a teacher is of vital importance in everyone’s life.
Teachers – Paragraph 2
The teacher plays a vital role in a student’s life since ancient times. Without the teacher, there is no enlightenment in any body’s life. A good teacher helps one to become a better individual. After parents, the teacher is the one who can understand a child in his/her developmental growing age.
Teacher’s meaning is not constrained to a particular point that is, teaching subject matters only. The teacher is the one who teaches how to behave, how to act, how to lead a disciplined life, how to respect others, how to gain knowledge and list contain many more to elaborate about a teacher’s role.
Updated on May 19, 2020.
A pet is also known as a companion which is kept at home for the purpose of companionship, leisure, protection, and entertainment. Dogs and cats are the most widely known pets who live together in the house of their owners. But there are other animals as well which can be considered as a pet such as tigers are a popular pet in the Middle East.
- Pets provide with health benefits as pets always keep their owners on their toes and also, they are supposed to take their pets on walks.
- Pets complete the void in people’s lives who don’t have any social life or who are disconnected from the outer world.
- Pets make your life more vibrant by making you laugh and happy.
- Pets provide with comfort in difficult times as pets like dogs can read facial expressions.
- Pets keep their owners active as they have to take care of their pets.
- Pets provide and increase one’s self-esteem and confidence.
- People are less likely to go into depression or stress, which increases the longevity of the owners of the pets.
Thus, pets are more than just animals as they become a part of the family.
A parent is a father and a mother of children, i.e., son or daughter. They can be biological, or a caretaker can also be regarded as a parent. A guardian of a child is also a parent in some cases. Grandfathers and grandmothers are also considered as parents of their grandsons or granddaughters.
- They act as the guardian of a child and take care of them from their birth until the end.
- They are responsible for the proper upbringing of their children and ensure their well-being.
- They are the reason for mental, social, physical, financial and career growth of their children.
- They are the teachers and mentors of their children and guide them in every phase of their lives.
- They provide us with quality education by admitting us in schools and colleges.
- They help us decide on a confusing and challenging problem in life.
- They motivate and inspire us to reach new heights, be happy and successful in life. They also support us both in difficult and happy
Hence, parents are an essential part of a child’s life and should be valued.
A house is a place of dwelling for the habitation of people. A house can be in the form of an apartment building or an independent plot. A house also includes temporary shelters such as huts and tents used by nomads. It doesn’t matter whether a house is made up of concrete materials, wood or bricks.
- Investing in a house is one of the safest places to put your money, and one can expect high returns in the future.
- A house is a place where all the family members live together and spend most of their life.
- A house usually portraits the status and the class of an individual owning it.
- A second house in the lap of nature can act as a holiday home where one can go to relax.
- A house provides social as well as economic security to the person who owns it.
- A house is a place where a person spends at least half of his/her life, which clearly depicts its significance.
- A house provides shelter from natural calamities such as storms etc.
Therefore, the importance of a house is wider than we realize.
A home is a place of residence where one resides or stays permanently. It can be an individual, a family or a joint family. A home can be anything including an apartment, a house, a home on four wheels, etc. It is a place where family members sleep, eat and spend the majority of their time.
- Home is a place where people get shelter which is an essential need for existence.
- It is a place of serenity and tranquility, away from the stress of the outside world.
- Home is where we spend the majority of our life which depicts its value.
- A home is a place where we grow as a person spiritually, physically and mentally.
- A home is a place where we develop values, principles and set our goals in life.
- It is a place of rejuvenating and restocking the energy for the hard days in the outside world.
- Home is the place of nurturing and upbringing a child which inculcates good values and stays in the memories forever.
Therefore, it is not easy to define the importance of home in words, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not significant.
A hobby can be defined as an activity which is done by a person in his/her free time which he/she is passionate about. When an activity is done on a regular basis just for the sake of enjoyment, it is called a hobby. Collecting coins, playing guitar, etc. can be considered as hobbies.
The importance of a hobby is as follows:
- Hobbies are a very important part of life as they are what we really like to do and that makes us what we really are, e., our hobbies define our personalities.
- Hobbies can relax you and take away the stress & pressure of everyday life.
- One becomes skilled in a hobby by practicing it for long, which makes one more patient.
- One can create social contacts with people who share the same hobbies as you do.
- A hobby is known to increase your confidence level as it improves your sense of achievement.
- Spending leisure time doing a hobby is the best way of doing something productive and meaningful.
- It boosts your skill set and knowledge which will definitely come in handy in the future.
Therefore, investing time in a hobby is of great importance.
A friend is a person whom you meet at a social or formal setting and develops a bond after a few meetings. He/she is a person who can be trusted and can be considered as an extended family. A classmate or a colleague whom one greets occasionally is not a friend but just an acquaintance. According to research, one has to spend a considerable amount of hours to develop that bond of friendship.
- Friends act as the backbone and support in hardships and sufferings.
- Friends encourage, inspire and motivate to move further ahead in life.
- A friend is the one who accepts us as our true selves, e., shortcomings and flaws.
- Friends help and guide us to the right path and hold us together on every speed breaker of life.
- Children can develop the habit of sharing and caring when they have friends.
- Children can learn from their friends and can grow into responsible adults. It applies to everyone regardless of age.
- Life becomes more fun and enjoyable with friends as they can do much stuff together such as playing etc.
Hence, a friend is a significant part of life. Even animals have friends which project the value of it.
Discipline can be defined as a way of obeying rules and regulations made in society and following the code of conduct. Discipline is a very broad term in its sense. For instance, parents and teachers should inculcate discipline in children from an early age so that they can become more responsible adults.
The importance of discipline is as follows:
- Discipline helps people live a more organized and systematic life.
- Discipline is part and parcel of education, and a disciplined child will benefit from it in future endeavors.
- Discipline is the key to success in one’s career or studies or any other projects.
- Discipline keeps us on track and also motivated until the task in hand is completed
- Without discipline, there will be mayhem in the world which will be hazardous for humans.
- A business cannot be successful without a disciplined human resource, and it is the biggest asset of a company.
- Discipline also includes following the healthy habits like exercising, eating healthy food, sleeping on time, etc. which ultimately improves one’s health.
Therefore, discipline is something which comes naturally and can’t be forced. Also, it should be practiced religiously to achieve the desired goals in one’s life.
You must be logged in to post a comment.