Computers are a part of our lives, and they are used not only in offices but also in schools and at home as well. A computer is nothing but an electronic device that receives data, solves various problems, performs calculations and stores and retrieves data as well.
Advantages of computer
- Computers can be used to receive and process huge volumes of data at high speed. This saves a lot of time and manpower.
- For a business, a computer can reduce the cost of data related operations.
- Computers paved the way to the invention of the internet which is, without a doubt, the most useful for invention of all times.
- Computers have also created a number of jobs, and this number is increasing year by year.
- Computers also play an important role in the weather
- Computers are very much essential in the field of research. These electronic devices not only help in saving large amounts of data but can also solve Complex mathematical calculations in no time.
- Computers come in handy for those students who cannot attend a regular college. With online education and distance learning, the rate of literacy in every country has seen a rise.
Disadvantages of computer
- Can often lead to addiction.
- Distracts students
- Can lead to theft of information
- Though computers have created jobs, they have displaced many too.
- Online shopping makes people spend more and have badly affected the local stores.
- No privacy due to social media.
- Can cause health issues in people of all ages.
The above mentioned are just some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a computer. So, use a computer wisely and let it not overtake your life.