Qutub Minar, located in Delhi has a historic significance. The 73-meter high tower has been built in the year 1193 by Qutub-ud-Din Aibak. The tower or the Minar was then built to celebrate the defeat of the Hindu ruler.
Let us learn about some facts about Qutub Minar and its monuments.
- Qutub Minar is the cultural UNESCO World Heritage Site. It got added to the list in the year 1993.
- Qutub Minar in Arabic means “pole”.
- Qutub Minar is known as the highest single tower located in our country.
- The iron pillar located in Qutub Minar did not rust even after 2000 years.
- The tower was damaged twice due to lightning in years 1326 and 1368.
Now that you some facts about this historic monument, it is time you go visit it and see it in person.