Rainforests or tropical rainforests as they are called are forests that have very tall trees and heavy rainfall. Some of the rainforests can be found in Asia, Africa, South America and Australia. Rainforests are also known as the lungs of our planet as they absorb carbon dioxide and various greenhouse gases and release oxygen.
There are many other benefits of rainforests and some of them are mentioned below.
- Rainforests help stabilize the climate across the world.
- They act as a home to a number of plants, animals and birds.
- They play an important role in maintaining the water cycle.
- They protect the lands against floods, erosion and droughts.
- Rainforests are a huge source of medicines and various kinds of fruits.
- They act as home to a number of tribes.
- Rainforests are very interesting places one needs to visit once in a lifetime.
Rainforests are now a distant concern and one need to make sure these are preserved. They are very important for human well-being.