Recycling is defined as the process that helps to convert waste into reusable material. Recycling is good for our environment, and it works on the principle reduce, recycle and reuse.
Waste management is one of the most alarming problems faced today. Recycling is important as it helps preserve our planet Earth for the future generations.
The importance of recycling
- Recycling helps get rid of soil contamination.
- Any waste that has chemicals when burnt causes air contamination. Recycling keeps air contamination at bay.
- Energy is conserved, thanks to recycling of paper.
- Recycling reduces pollution.
- Recycling reduces the amount of waste that fills the landfills.
- Companies pay you for trash and this way, recycling can earn you some extra bucks as well.
- Recycling can be used to spread awareness about the changing environment.
Like many other processes, recycling also has its own share of disadvantages. The decision depends entirely on your belief, but do remember that it is good for the planet we live on.