Road Safety – Meaning
Road safety is about the methods that prevent the occurrence of accidents. By following road traffic safety rules, the risk of road users being killed or injured can be reduced. Road users can be anyone like cyclists or on road people who often walk.
Road safety rules are for everyone to follow and these ensure proper functioning of the traffic system.
Importance of road safety
- Road safety rules reduce the occurrence of accidents, most of which I currently due to sheer negligence.
- Road traffic rules are set by the government and these help with proper management of traffic in overcrowded places.
- Due to these rules, pedestrians find it easy when they have to cross to the other side of the road.
- The signals placed help the drivers understand the flow of traffic.
- Use of automatic signals can also prove to be efficient and cost-effective.
- Road signs and signals are of utmost help in rural areas where it is hard to get help from a person.
- Raid safety also includes creating awareness among people using banners or hoardings.
So, follow the road safety rules sticky and remain safe.