Saraswati Puja is performed on the day of Vasanth Panchami. This day is celebrated by many in India. In simple terms Vasant is the festival that is celebrated when the spring season arrives. This is the day when people visit the temple of Goddess Saraswati and pray for knowledge and their overall well-being.
Let us have a look at some facts about Saraswati Puja.
- This festival is celebrated across India in a number of ways. Every state has its own way of celebrating.
- People pray to goddess Saraswati, who is the goddess of art, music and education.
- The festival does signify that knowledge and education are supreme.
- A number of educational institutions celebrate this festival as well.
- In the state of Punjab people celebrate this by flying kites.
- People of Rajasthan wear garlands of Jasmine on this day.
- In some states people worship Lord Shiva and Parvati.