Mahendra Singh Dhoni, or M S Dhoni remains hailed as the most successful captain of the Indian Cricket team.
Born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand in an ordinary middle class family, Dhoni studied at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamli.
- Dhoni lead the Indian Cricket Team to win unprecedented amount of victories.
- Under M S Dhoni’s captaincy India first won the 2007 IIC World Twenty 20 championship.
- Under his leadership, India also won the historic 2011 ICC World Cup.
- Various other famous victories were led by Dhoni include the win or CB Series, 2007-08, the Border-Gavaskar trophy 2008 and later India’s first ever victory in the bilateral ODI series against Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
- Dhoni has been awarded innumerable awards, to celebrate and laud his genius.
- M S Dhoni was the first Indian cricketer to receive the prestigious IIC ODI player of the year award, for the year 2008.
- He has been awarded the Padma Shri in 2009, which is India’s fourth highest civilian award.
- India became the number one Test team for the first every time in the history of world cricket under Dhoni’s captaincy.
M S Dhoni is a legend and even after his retirement from the sports, all of India fondly and proudly remembers their “Captain Cool”.