Mass communication can be defined as a large scale communication conveyed to people en masse. It is that communication which arises from one source, and through a medium, reaches multiple, mass recipients.
The importance of mass communication is as follows –
- Modern life is completely dependent on mass communication and via-satellite communication.
- Mass communication is intertwined in our day-to-day lives, from entertainment to education.
- Mass communication developed more recently in the last century, but the boom has been exponential.
- As modern Individuals, we use mass media every time, be it for gathering information, staying updated or just for entertainment.
- Common examples of Mass communication are TV and News Media, Newspaper, Internet and Print media.
- Nowadays our education system too is adopting satellite aided digital classrooms, this using mass communication as a mode of teaching.
They become more aware of the country’s Mass communication has a huge role to play in every country and culture. The impact of mass communication is huge, and so we need to use such an influence with utmost responsibility and carefulness.