Social Networking Sites
The social networking sites in the current days are extremely popular among the population of the whole world. People connect to the social networking sites for linking with the friends worldwide and making new friends that even expand the professional network. Social networking sites help in the expansion of the network of the people, informs about several important news and events that are taking place worldwide. To mention the examples of popular social networking sites are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. All these sites are widely spread social networking sites that brings people from different locations of the world at a single place making a relationship with each other.
Below enlisted are the benefits of the social networking sites:
- It provides the ability to connect with other people all over the world.
- It provides the platform for easy and instant communication with the connected friends.
- It informs all its registered members regarding real-time news and information discovery.
- It provides an excellent opportunity for the business owners with the promotional value of the products.
- The social networking site forms a platform for general fun and enjoyment of the teenagers who connect only for posting status and photographs.
- Different worldwide information regarding the latest inventions and discoveries can also be gathered from these social networking sites.
- It maintains the privacy issue of its members and generally prevents from being hacked.
Apart from the benefits, there are some disadvantages even on the social networking sites. They are listed as below:
- Sometimes it is very disturbing to check so many chats, posts, videos, and it is very noisy too.
- Sometimes, even the privacy issues can be a big concern with the social networking sites.
- The increasing pressure of the social peers, insisting on doing some typical acts or cyberbullying on social media.
- People often chat in the name of some other person which is fraudulent activity and can be dangerous.
- People often get distracted by the social media notifications and messages while doing important work.
- The social networking sites bring sedentary lifestyle habits and disruption in sleep.
- Teenagers often get addicted to surfing the social networking sites that disturbs their education.
Thus social networking sites are beneficial for connecting to people in the remote places of the world. Apart from the beneficial side, it has disadvantages too, that disturbs the personal life of the people.