The solar energy is the natural source of energy that is derived from the sun. It is a very useful source of energy and cost-effective in the rural areas. This source of energy is harnessed by installing solar panels. It is an important point to note that to date we are able to harness only 0.001% of that energy. It is a renewable source of energy which produces immense power for every kind of regular activities like cooking, lighting, etc. it is an environment-friendly energy that is higher in demand due to the considerably improved technology. The solar energy can be used for several purposes like generating electricity or heat.
The benefits of the solar energy are as discussed below:
- The solar energy is a renewable source of energy which is available and harness in all parts of the world.
- It reduces the electricity bills that depend on the size of the solar system and on the usage of electricity or heat.
- It can be used for diverse purposes like for generating electricity (Photovoltaic) or heat (Solar Thermal). It is used to produce electricity without the access to the energy grid, distill water in areas with limited clean water supplies.
- Solar energy is used to power satellite to space and can also be integrated into materials used for building.
- It has a low maintenance cost and so cleaning them a couple of times in a year is possible.
- The solar power technology is in the continuous way of improvement and advancement that will intensify in the future.
- It is very simple in installation and easy in maintenance with low utilization power.
The solar energy has immense benefits and is widespread in the rural areas. Since it is environment –friendly, it should be widely used in the urban areas too. The renewable source of energy is highly effective in generating electricity and heat. It supports different devices which continuously work in converting the solar energy into heat and electricity.