Medicine can be defined as anything that addresses a health issue, be it of the body, mind or spirit of a human being and helps them get better by treating the illness. There are many kinds of health and hence many categories of medicine.
The importance of medicine is as follows –
- Medicines help us cope with our diseases and help us recover.
- Medicines can be chemical, herbal, allopathic, homeopathic, ayurvedic and many more types.
- A physical medicine helps treat our bodily diseases, like fever, or even a mental health issue such as depression.
- Medicines can belong to the mainstream sciences category or the alternative medicine fields, such as naturopathy, Ayurveda.
- Not all medicines need be physically ingested. Music is often called the medicine of the human spirit.
- Traditionally one who studies medicine is called a doctor or physician and most cultures highly respect this profession.
- Medicines can save lives, prevent diseases and control threats to social epidemics.
Medicine has been an integral part of human life since the dawn of civilization and it has developed much by now, for us to today have major life saving drugs.