A mountain can be defined as a landform that is ‘higher and steeper than a hill’ as per the dictionary. It stands high above the sea level, which is our surroundings. A mountain commonly has a steep slope and a sharp peak unlike hills that have gradual incline and more rounded peaks.
- Mountains form a very crucial part of the Earth’s terrestrial elements.
- Mountains play a huge role in formation, movement, and precipitation of rain clouds over the Earth.
- A mountain is home to a diverse array of flora and fauna.
- Mountains also serve as popular vacation destinations all over the globe.
- People love to hike, trek and climb mountains of various kinds.
- The famous mountaineers Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary had climbed Mount Everest.
A huge group of mountains are called a mountain range. The most famous range is the Himalayan mountain ranges, the Karakoram ranges and the Andes Mountain ranges.