Internet is the computer and mobile phone based, global network of virtual connectivity. It is the global, virtual gateway of information access and exchange.
- The internet gives access to all the online information: social, personal and professional, at your finger-tips.
- The internet allows a platform to set up a virtual shop or business with access to the entire global market, as your clientele.
- Via the online social media, the internet allows a virtual space to stay connected with your friends and family across the world.
- With internet access, available through W-Fi and mobile phone networks, you can do all this from the comfort of your own home or office.
- As you can access internet inside your car, driving has become very easy with the Global Positioning System [GSP] tools for driving assistance.
- Shopping has become very easy, as it is possible to access, browse, select from a wide variety of online shops via the internet. You can also order your shopping online.
- Internet has made the education in schools very easy. Through the search engines, teachers can access virtual books, libraries and resources for children, which were previously unavailable to them.
- Media and entertainment is also revolutionized. Music, books, movies can all be accessed online, via the internet, on your phone or computers, from the comfort of your home.
- Internet has opened out a new world of online working career opportunities for freelancing professionals.
- Home learning has also become easier as many trainings, academic courses, etc. are available online, via the internet.
- Internet crime or Cybercrime has opened out a whole new chapter in the world of crime
- Privacy protection has become an important risk for everyone because via internet hackers can get access to your personal and professional information.
- Internet addiction is another health hazard that is on the increase in all age groups and populations at large.
- Children need to be protected from age-inappropriate content on the internet. Parents need to be more vigilant.
- As internet offers a virtual wall between people interacting with each other, it is important to take precautions against online fraud.
- As you don’t get a touch-feel experience of online goods; you need to take extra precautions.
- If you are operating your shop or business via internet, you need to take precautions about online financial transactions, tax, international business laws, client confidentiality, etc.
The internet has transformed our daily lives, both personal and professional to a next level of comfort. It is important to be cautious of its risk to privacy.