The study of life and world using logical understanding is called Science. The scientific thought is the basis of the entire technology revolution in the world today.
- Scientific way of thinking has introduced a new way of looking at the world, based on logic and thought.
- Science offers a common intellectual platform for scientists across the world to share their research and understanding of the world that we live in.
- The scientific thought process has resulted in many new inventions and discoveries in modern human life.
- These scientific inventions and discoveries have made human life a lot easier than the life in pre-scientific eras of human history.
- The scientific understanding of the laws of nature: gravity, solar system, earth, light, diseases, etc., has helped humans get over some dangerous orthodox beliefs and social evils.
- Scientific inventions like the car, train, airplane, etc., have made personal and global travel very easy.
- The industrial revolution triggered by scientific thought, has led to mass production of goods of convenience like clothes, books, household goods, houses, etc. Human life has become a lot easier.
- Development of medical science has led to the discovery and invention of medicines and treatment for life-threating and serious illnesses. This has improved the health and longevity of human race at large.
- Core scientific inventions like electricity, telephone, fuel, etc., have resulted in all the modern luxuries of our modern day homes and offices.
- The advancements of technology through science, has led to the development of computers, mobile phones and internet.
- Introduction of science, led to a temporary disbelief and neglect of the world of intuition, emotion and spirituality.
- This led to human beings becoming excessively materialistic and greedy.
- The environmental damage due to the disproportionate consumption of natural resources by humans is a side-effect of the scientific revolution.
- The role of religion and god in human life has been adversely affected with too much reliance on scientific thought process as a way of life.
- Lop-sided focus on the logic and scientific thought has led to the human mind being disconnected from its emotional part, leading to a lot of psychological stress-related issues.
- Access to scientific inventions and comforts requires money. In a way, scientific progress has led to the further widening the divide between the rich and the poor.
- It can be argued that with the modern day scientific life, human beings have moved away from the world of nature.
The scientific thought is the basis of the modern, technology-driven world of today. A lop-sided attitude towards scientific thought and rationality can disconnect humans from their emotional, intuitive and spiritual sides.