In the modern world, driven by technology, where human effort is being minimised, the importance of physical fitness is even more highlighted.
Physical fitness means having a fit body which is not resistant to activity and does not manifest ailments. Most of the work requirements these days subject the body to immobility for long hours. After a day of work, it is not uncommon for people to relax in front of the television.
The availability of junk food adds to the problem of having feeling of heaviness. Taking efforts towards maintaining physical fitness is important in the long run.
Benefits of Physical Fitness
- A physically fit body is more resistant to diseases and ailments.
- Pursuit of physical fitness can bring you in touch with like-minded people.
- A person who is physically fit is good to look at and reflects back good health and wellbeing.
- A physically fit person can stretch his limits when the time or situations require him to do so.
- The most direct benefit of physical fitness is the quality of life that is enjoyed by the person in the years to follow.
- Longevity is closely linked to physical fitness.
- Students gain a lot by maintaining a physically fit body. It leads to an overall physical and mental growth.
- Children who have an active lifestyle generally perform better in all areas in school.
- Physically fit people are generally able to get more out of life than others because they have the stamina and thereby the extra time to spend for the valuable things in life.
- People look up to a physically fit person because that is usually a goal set by many and achieved by few.
- A physically fit elderly person does not have to depend upon other’s support in old age.
- A person who is physically fit saves on medical costs.
Physical fitness is goal to be followed to be happy and independent in the long run.