A University has very high authority in the field of education. A university is an institution where academicians, whether they are teachers, students or researchers come together to further the cause of higher education.
Benefits of university education include:
- Universities grant the relevant degrees or diplomas on students.
- Universities have a much wider scope for different disciplines or departments than a college.
- Universities have the necessary funds or the ability to generate funds for research in various subjects.
- Industry affiliation and interdependence of universities and industries often lead to practical exposure and often a direct absorption of talent into the industry.
- Universities become the authority that is recognised by the educational institutes, thereby giving recognition to the granted degrees.
- Different colleges have different modes of teaching and researching. A University brings in some amount of uniformity in the curriculum covered in a given course even if colleges follow different methodology.
- The exposure offered by a university is very wide. The number of teachers and professors, equipment, resources, funds and practical exposure that is got from a university education is almost impossible to match.
- There are a large number of teacher and professors in every department of the university often specialising in some areas of the department. Being a part of a university gives you access to this knowledge bank.
- Universities are an affordable way to higher studies and research as the infrastructure is readily available in a university. Similarly, universities have a number of scholarships that can be applied to.
- The backgrounds of people that enrol in a university are diverse in the regions, nationalities, races, educational backgrounds making interaction an enriching experience.
- Links and cooperation between universities makes it even easier to access knowledge and information of all kinds as resource lending becomes feasible.
- Universities have their own commissions for grants and can fund any deserving project via that.
- It is possible to take up assistance in teaching to be able to fund your fees for research program.
- Interdepartmental links within universities can be helpful in projects that are multidisciplinary.
- Social interaction with like-minded people via various clubs is an added benefit.
Attending a university can be a very helpful step towards a successful career.