Global warming best describes the gradual increase in the earth’s atmospheric temperature, and this is as a result of the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is attributed to the increased levels of CFCs, Carbon IV Oxide and other pollutants. Humans are responsible for the harm caused in the past century, by releasing gasses that trap heat while powering their modern lives. However, all is not lost as, despite the harm, there are still solutions to global warming. Below are some of the things to be done to reduce the effect of global warming.
Solution of Global Warming
- Speak up: about the situation at hand. Start by talking to your friends and family about the elephant in the room. Ensure that your representatives are making the best and informed decisions that go a long way in mitigating the effects of global warming.
- Voice all your concerns directly to the electorate and better still via social media platforms. Encourage them to come up with new laws that shall limit the emission of harmful gases and polluters. Encourage them to protect public land, stop offshore drilling among others.
- Use renewable energy to power your homes. The best utility company to choose is one that generates more than half of its power from solar or wind and has been certified by Green-e Energy.
- Driving the fuel-efficient automobiles reduces the emission of Carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
- Use energy wisely by shifting to energy saving bulbs, unplugging electronic appliances when not in use, installing programmable thermostats among others.
- Green your commute and reduce climate polluting emissions. Consider public transport means, ride a bike to work or school, fly less and use hybrid vehicles.
- Reduce the wastage of water, as this will reduce carbon pollution. Usually, a lot of energy is used in pumping water, heating and treating it. You reduce wastage of water through taking shorter showers, turning off the tap when brushing your teeth, and switching to WaterSense labeled fixtures as well as appliances.
There are many more ways to reduce global warming. Practice these today and spread the awareness as in the end, you would have taken a big step in the right direction.