Sports – Short Essay 1
These days with the many video games and consoles at home, kids no longer see the need to run outside after school and participate in sports with their friends. In fact, this seems like a backward thing. Actually, most parents in a way encourage their children to play indoors without being wary of the repercussions.
People of all ages need to take part in sports. Most people enjoy playing in an organized sport, e.g. soccer or gymnastics. Children nonetheless need certain basic skills to get the most out of a sport as without these skills they may often get frustrated and instead dislike the sport.
- Physical fitness: Sports keeps you healthy and reducing the risks of acquiring osteoporosis as well as heart diseases.
- Developing social skills: Sports positively impact personal development among youngsters. Children not only learn to communicate with other kids but their coaches and older adults. They learn leadership skills, communication, teamwork, and these go a long way helping them in their careers and achieving their relationship goals.
- Improving confidence and self-esteem: Sports develop the player’s confidence as well as their self-esteem. The encouragement and praise they get from coaches, parents, and others on winning go a long way in shaping their self-confidence.
- Academic excellence: Academics goes hand in hand with classroom performance. Organized sports improve the child’s cognitive skills.
- Builds discipline and obedience: Sports activities entails rules and regulations that need to be met. Therefore, joining organized sports will, in the end, see you grow up to be law abiding citizens, who respect the authority.
- Enables them to have controlled emotion: When growing, children should be trained in how to manage their feelings, especially the negative emotions. Sporting activities help in channeling emotions in the right and productive way. A coach will teach the kid that negative emotions and stress negatively impacts performance.
- Relieves stress and depression: Stress and depression can be prevented or eliminated through indulging in sports.
These are enough reasons to enroll yourself and you children in sports.
Importance of Sports – Short Essay 2
Sport is a category which includes many physical and mental activities. Various children consider sports as an extracurricular activity; however, the fact is that it should be given equal importance as other subjects in schools for obtaining overall success. However, today, life is becoming much digitalized, and hence, people have forgotten the importance of sports in their life.
Today, the children are seen taking an interest in sports activities, but it is limited to the schools only as the parents are giving more importance to education. Are you among those parents pushing your kids towards studies ignoring sports?
Here are some points for you that would help in recognizing the importance of sports in life:
According to various surveys and studies, it has been proved that sports help in many health benefits. Physical activities help in reducing the stress levels in the children and give them an opportunity to get active physically. Again, the indoor games also help in boosting mental health. Sports help in reducing the chances of developing cardiovascular diseases and stimulate healthy growth of heart, bones, muscles, tendons and the ligament. This would assist in developing proper balance and good coordination which helps in getting sound sleep. Hence, sports are activities that aid in the overall development of the mind and body.
Making them socially active
Sports is not only helpful for physical and mental growth, but it also helps in making the children socially active. The more students participate in sporting activities, they would be able to make new friends, interact with new people, develop communication skills, learn how to share their feelings and thoughts, etc. Hence, the kids would be active socially, and the chances of development of shyness, stage fear, communication fear, etc., would get reduced. The kids would be involved in a new circle that would be helpful in various other ways.
Would bring them outdoors
Today, the kids are getting more active on digital objects like computer games, television, computers, etc., which has limited their activities indoor. They wouldn’t have any exposure to the outdoor world which would limit their growth and communication. When the kids get active outdoors, they would leave the indoor habits and get an opportunity for exercising and breathing outdoors in the open air. So, help them get out and explore to the open world. This also reduces the chances of developing obesity in them.
For increasing self-confidence
Do your kids lack self-confidence? Sports is the best way to boost them. Playing in the field helps the children in learning skills like teamwork, self-confidence, self-esteem, goal building, and much more. The kids would learn how to make decisions and judge any situation appropriately. They would also learn various other skills and learning abilities that would be helpful in creating a bright future.
So, whether it is indoor or outdoor sports, make sure your kid participates in any of the sports activity for boosting overall growth and development.
Updated on May 19, 2020.