Water resources are sources offer water that is important or potentially helpful. The water may be used for various purposes like for industrial, agricultural, environmental activities and recreational activities. Most human beings need fresh water, and more than 90% of the water on earth is salty. Most of the fresh water is also frozen up in glaciers and polar ice caps and the rest is found in underground water with only a small fraction of it found on the ground. Freshwater is a resource that can be renewed yet the supply of groundwater is decreasing steadily. It is still not clear how much natural balances the usage and if other ecosystems are also threatened.
Reasons, why water is essential to our everyday life
the world’s water exists in many forms and the locations, are in various place; in the air, the surface and below the ground and in oceans. Here are the reasons why water is essential.
- Protects your heart: Drinking more amounts of water would greatly help in preventing heart attacks.
- Gives the brain a boost: Water offers the brain the oxygen that is mainly needed for a person to perform optimally.
- Helps save money: Having soft drinks in a restaurant is becoming expensive, but water offers an alternative that is cheap.
- Helps you lose weight: When you drink water, it has the ability to the metabolic rate, and this will increase the ability of your body to burn fat.
- Keeps you alert: When you are dehydrated, you can be fatigued, but drinking water helps to keep someone alert.
- It prevents headaches: When one drinks water they will experience fewer hours of pain and the pain is also reduced for people with migraines.
- Important for plants life: Plants use water for growth and nourishment.
What forms is water available on Earth
the water of the world exists naturally and in many different forms and locations. Water is undoubtedly the basis of life, and it comes in various forms on the earth.
- Precipitation. The atmosphere of the earth has water that represents almost 10% fo the fresh water on the planet.
- Evaporation and transpiration. Evaporation of water from water bodies like rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and wetlands is an essential part of the hydrological cycle.
- Snow and ice. This is almost 75% of the total fresh water in the world contained in glaciers and sheets.
- Lakes. Surface water comes in various forms like lakes, rivers, and streams.
- Rivers and streams. There are 263 international river basins with drainage systems covering 45% of the land surface of the earth.
- Wetlands. These are environments that are saturated by water and are usually characterized as swamps and marshes.
Water is a natural resource that is found naturally in nature in various forms, and there are many different uses of the water. Water resource of any form that exists on earth regardless of the form they are in is of potential use that is important to humans. The use of freshwater by humans has been increasing over the years, and this trend is unlikely to change anytime soon with the growth of population.