‘Where there’s a will there’s a way’ is a powerful phrase which explores the hopefulness in the human virtues, and talks of being able to accomplish a process, even when things are dark and appears like a dead end at the first look. When one is determined to hack out something, even if other people including themselves feel as if it cannot be accomplished, so long as they have the willpower and determination, they will hack it out. This phrase has a rich history, dating from the 18th century in England. To date, most people use it to shun down those who look down upon when they are trying to do something somewhat extraordinary. Also, it is used to show that will power can without any doubt defeat any difficulty.
Notable people who proved ‘’ where there’s a will there’s a way’’ right
If you are ready to enter into a hard situation willingly and make are determined to make it happen, then you need to practice saying this.
- Bill Gates: Bill Gates did not profit in his first business endeavor. His organization Traf-O-Data flopped miserably. However he and his associates did not give up, today, Microsoft is Bill Gate’s other name.
- Albert Einstein: This man did not talk until he was At grade school, most teachers thought he was a complete dunderhead who’d make nothing of himself. He is celebrated for his theory of relativity which most people still grapple to understand.
- Jim Carrey: A destitute who almost dropped out of school to fend for his family. His determination and willpower got him to be a now celebrated entertainer.
- Bethany Hamilton: As a surfer, she became a shark-attack survivor at a tender age of 13, which almost ruined her dreams of becoming a professional surfer. But despite losing her left arm, she did not lose hope. She at some point won the NSSA National Championships, Explorer Women’s Division.
- Benjamin Franklin: He invented the lighting bar and bifocals despite his parents taking him to school after his 10th birthday.
- Stephen King’s: He is a novelist whose first novel got rejected up to 30 times.
- Oprah Winfrey: Ranked among the wealthiest individuals on earth today. Her life is characterized by heartbreaks, and many hardships.
Lessons Learnt By the Phrase Where There Is A Will There Is A Way
There are several lessons we can learn from the phrase ‘where there is a will there is a way, and these are just some of them.
- Fear is your fire: Fear is here with us, but when you let it take center stage, then it will bar us from reaching our goals.
- See yourself in others comebacks: Learn from the struggles and recoveries of others
- Never think, feel: You don’t have to think of your success, feel it instead.
- Fight your pain and relieve others pain: We are here to relive others pain, but first, fight ours.
- Winning is a short time: Don’t get drunk with the winning feeling. You might lose and fall off a cliff sometimes. Don’t celebrate too much. Instead, inspire others to become winners too.
- Being constant: It is better to remain constant rather than win at all the tasks you do.
- Bad feelings last long: Losing last more than winning.
The phrase where there is a will there is a way, inspires us to be the best version of ourselves, however in the second part of this piece will make you humble. Humble people go far. If your productivity is to be enhanced, then practicing the above valuable hacks will see you become productive every time. These hacks above will teach you to be a better person, but despite being a better and humble person, we also need to have shreds of determination to be the best.