India is very special in its own unique way. Known to the world as a country with varied culture and tradition, the country also emerged as the 7th largest country in the world. The country occupies a major part of the continent Asia, and presently has 29 states and 6 union territories.
India is known to have a very urbanized culture, way from the ancient times. The Indus Valley Civilization acts as the archeological evidence to the same. From the time of 2600 BC India did function as a self contained cultural and a political arena, which paved way for a distinctive traditions that were mostly connected with Hinduism.
Let us now have a look at some of the facts about the wonderful country.
- It is said that about 850 languages are spoken in India on a day to day basis and there are more than 1600 languages in total.
- India is said to the home to a large number of billionaires and millionaires, but a majority of its population still survives with less than $2-$3 a day.
- India also boasts of the largest postal service, with a network of 150,000 post offices. But, it is also known to be the slowest when compared to the other postal services across the world.
- People of India are free to follow any religion. It can be said that every known religion is practiced in this country, thus bringing in diversity.
- India has 6 weathers – they are summer, winter, fall, summer and winter monsoon and spring.
- The country also produces the highest amount of tea in the world and also exports a major part to many countries in the world.
- India is also known to have the largest democracy and is also known to have a good voter turnout.
Also, three out of world’s top ten megacities are also located in India, the country, which we are all very proud of.