Population Explosion is one of the major concerns of a highly populated country. Population explosion can be defined as a phase when the population in a society increases all of a sudden. It can also be defined as the stage when the numbers of the certain species are increased suddenly.
Population explosion is one of the major problems faced by the countries like India. During the census of 1951, the population of the country increased by more than 361 billion. The population again increased by 1.21 billion at the time of 2011 census. This can affect a country and its economy to a large extent. Though there are a number of programs conducted by the government to educate people about the issue of population growth, the population could not be controlled.
Population explosion can cause quite a number of problems. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Unemployment is one of the major problems that are caused by overgrowing population. Even in countries like India, millions of people are still unemployed.
- Overpopulation of any country can be a threat to the environment. The natural resources are used up, including the land.
- Poverty is of the major disadvantages of population explosion. Most of the people who do not follow birth control are the ones from the poorer section of the society. With inadequate earning and resources, they remain poor and so do their kids.
- Population explosion can also cause illiteracy. As we spoke most of the people are still poor or from a lower middle class family. Even today a number of families prefer to send only their sons to school for education. Girl child is made to stay at home. With a majority of the population being girls, it certainly affects the literacy rate of the country.
- Use of vehicles increases and this can also lead to increase in pollution as well.
- Population explosion can also lead to global warming due to the increased use of resources.
- The overall health of the majority of people will also take a backseat.
The above are just some of the disadvantages of population explosion.