A mobile phone, also called cellular phone, is a wireless handheld gadget that allows users to send and receive text messages, make and receive calls among other functionalities. Since they have remote access to cellular radio systems the devices can be used to relay information over a wide area without any physical connection to the network. Even though they have the same basic capabilities of conventional, fixed-line telephones, the devices have no cable connecting them to the network besides being lighter and hence more portable.
Mobile phones perform virtually all the functions of a personal computer thanks to advances in technology that have enabled developers to create phones with high processing speeds and huge internal memories. The devices typically feature a touchscreen interface, memory and an operating system that is capable of downloading and running apps. Cell phones play very
many roles in the current life.
Importance of Mobile Phones
- Mobile phones make communication with friends, colleagues, and family a lot easier. They make it possible to get in touch with loved ones round the clock.
- They combine numerous attractive applications in one device. Latest mobile phones feature a digital camera, GPS and audio and video players among many more.
- With features like mobile hotspots and tethering you can set up internet connectivity and proceed to search for ways you can improve productivity even when in a remote area.
- Provide constant internet access. With the internet at your fingertips, you can identify local movie schedules, find the best restaurant in your vicinity and buy products online.
- Cell phones come in handy during emergencies. You can use them to make a distress call whenever you are confronted with an emergency.
- Mobile phones come with a multitude of fun games that form compelling sources of entertainment. The games can even occupy you during long travel journeys.
- They also keep users informed. News channels like the website of media companies and online newspapers accessible through cell phones provide crucial information about the outside world.
- Boost your business. With a cell phone, you can stay in touch with people in charge of your business and get important information in real time.
- The Global Positioning feature enables you to know where you are on a map. Simply activate the feature and your device will show your position and even suggest a path to your destination.
- Owning the latest mobile phone provide a great way to make a fashion statement. It helps you emerge as a fashion conscious person.
- These handheld devices facilitate the transfer of data. They are equipped with Bluetooth and infrared which allow quick transfer of pictures, music, and videos.
- The devices contain capabilities that can help you remember important events in your life. You can add notes to your calendar and activate reminders so you do not forget them.
- The app store contains many learning apps that students can use to enhance learning and get proven study tips that can help them improve their performance.
- They provide a remarkable way to organize finances. Cell phones enable you to check your bank balances, pay bills and transfer money with the touch of a button.
Mobile phones serve as convenient communication devices, multimedia gadgets, and small application operating platforms. Their benefits include providing a reliable connection to friends and family located in any part of the world and pinpointing your location when you are lost. Security agencies also use the devices to apprehend lawbreakers and investigate criminal activities.
By: Joni Kim