Visiting historical places is very informative and enlightening. I visited one such historical site called Hawa Mahal on my recent trip to the city of Jaipur. It is located in the center of the town and was easy to reach by bus. There were many tour guides outside, but I preferred to be my guide using the book I had purchased at the railway station.
- Hawa Mahal was constructed in 1799 by Maharaja SawaiPratap Singh.
- He built it so that the royal women could have a serene atmosphere during the scorching summers and watch the celebration of various festivals on the streets.
- On entering the palace premises, I was struck by the sheer beauty of it. The small windows of the palace looked mesmerizing from the outside.
- Inside the palace, there are several doors that led to different parts of the building. As I explored through each entry, I found that all the handcrafted designs in each room were unique and meaningful.
- As I climbed to the top floor, I reached the Hawa Mandir, which presented a beautiful view of the city of Jaipur and the Aravali hills surrounding it.
This trip left me wondering how such a magnificent structure was built without any technology or machine.