Meaning of Modern Gadgets
- A small device that works electronically to fulfil a particular purpose and makes life easier.
- A compatible technology invention which runs on electricity or battery to provide entertainment or reduce the work strain.
Advantage of Modern Gadgets
- Compact in size: They are very convenient to carry around and easy to use.
- Makes your life easier: With the advancement of technology, everything that took hours to be done earlier can be done within no time.
- Information easily available: Now it takes a single click to know anything around the world.
- Improved the communication: Instant messages have removed the barrier between two people.
- Encourages people to think creatively: As there are no limitations to the development of gadgets, people tend to think outside the box and get better results.
- Upgrade people’s lifestyle: Gadgets have helped people to improve their lifestyle and they work hard to possess more.
- Expanded the Entertainment industry: With new gadgets, entertainment industry gained a wider number of audience.
- Made the education more interesting: With digital projectors and anytime and anywhere access to the internet, students have better opportunities to learn.
- Progress in the healthcare department: People can check their blood pressure, sugar level and many more things without going to the hospital.
Disadvantages of Modern Gadgets
- Creates over-dependency: People are getting so habitual to gadgets that they forget or prefer not to even do basic things.
- They are addictive: Addiction of nothing is good and the same thing implies for the gadgets.
- Cause harm to your body: Overuse of anything is bad, in the similar way these gadgets can deplete your eyesight or harm your backbone if you use it sitting continuously for many hours.
- More unemployment: As technology is taking over the business world, companies require lesser manpower to get their work done.
- Technological issues: Modern gadgets are a boon till the time they are working perfectly but when it has a technology issue, it can cause panic.
- Isolation: The time when gadgets provide entertainment, it also isolate people.
- Distract students during studies: The time when gadgets are providing so much knowledge, it can still be distracting as people get more inclined towards entertainment.
- Harms the environment: The radiation from the gadgets and the process to develop them are harmful to nature but there are also many gadgets which are not recyclable and biodegradable.