Water is one of the basic necessities in the lives of human, animals and plants as one cannot live without it. The Earth is covered with more than 70% of water bodies but by the rate with which human is polluting them, the day is not far away when there will be no pure water available.
What causes Water Pollution?
- Disposing everything in the water bodies and the connectivity of all the sewage system in the water bodies.
- Harmful chemicals are released by the factories in the water bodies.
- Oil spills are very frequent when we export oil by sea routes.
What are the effects of Water Pollution?
- There is lesser amount of fresh water stock available and people get sick by drinking contaminated water.
- Groundwater get mixed with the contaminated water which leads to many disease when people drink water from hand pumps and wells from such areas.
- It can lead to extinction of many marine life.
- There are more chances for floods to occur.
How to control Water Pollution?
- Do not throw any waste in the water bodies.
- Don’t flush chemical or any harmful things.
- Ask factory owners to clean the waste before realizing it in the rivers or sea.
- Don’t use fertilizer and pesticides as it gets mixed in soil and gets contaminated with the underground water.