Sachin Tendulkar is a former Indian cricketer and Indian cricket team captain. He is regarded as ‘the Greatest batsman of all times’ and holds the record being the highest run scorer of all times in International cricket.
- He was born on 24th April 1973 in a humble family. His father was a poet and professor of Marathi literature.
- Sachin took up cricket at the age of 11.
- He made his international cricket debut on 15th November 1989 against Pakistan in Karachi.
- He went on to represent India in cricket for 24 years, during which he became the first person in history to score one hundred centuries in international cricket.
- He was nicknamed as ’Master Blaster’ for his playing style.
- Tendulkar retired from all forms of cricket in October 2013.
- He has many awards during his illustrious career including the Arjuna and Padma Vibhushana award.
A lot of enthusiasm in cricket is because of Sachin Tendulkar. He made cricket a religion in India and is known as the god of cricket.