Honesty is not something that many people carry in their hearts. For some it is hard to live in truth because being dishonest is all they know. So when it is time to be truthful, many people do not know how to carry the quality through their day to day life. Some may think that being truthful is harder than being dishonest and this would be the reason dishonesty exists. Although many look down on honest people, being true is a trait that is greatly respected and admired.
Truthfulness, which is the fact of being realistic or true, is something that should be learned as a child. Unfortunately, many adults that lie, have done it since they were children and some have grown so used to being untruthful, that their reality is filled with untruthfulness. Being untrue can cause you to lose friends, jobs, and even relationships with your loved ones. You can even lose respect as well as trust from others if being untrue. After losing the respect of others because of being dishonest, it may be hard to get it back. So the best way to get through life as honest as possible is to be as truthful as possible. It doesn’t matter how ugly the truth is. Respect is given to those who know how to live life completely and truthfully.
Good manners are something that many people around the world love to pride themselves on. Many have grown to be well-mannered because of their love for people, while others embrace being nice. Whether complimenting a well-dressed woman or saying thank you, people with good manners, are always very well respected individuals. Some even look at these people in awe and wonder, hoping that their well-behaved mannerisms rub off on others around them. However, with rude individuals, good manners are often missed with them, because they lack to understand the meaning of being well-mannered. It is not always proper etiquette or fancy clothing that will get noticed, but a simple, “thank you.” Unfortunately, not everyone understands this, but being someone with good manners, which is being polite or with well-bred social behavior, is something that everyone should try to practice. This small practice of being well-mannered not only make others smile, but makes you feel good on the inside.
Even though being polite means being nice and well-mannered to everyone, some people do not know the basic tips of having manners. Some of these tips include:
- Say “Please”
- Show respect for others and elders
- Let others finish before you speak
- Don’t use bad language
- Use polite phone protocol
- Return borrowed things
- Be polite when being served
Long gone are the days of traditional learning and being entertained by television alone. The days when, reading books and playing board games have been taken over by websites that will make you cry, laugh, and have fun. Playing games on the internet are not just for children, but for adults also, and this new form of technology has become a popular way of life for everyone.
The internet also brings unique hobbies as well as how-to videos. If you are someone who enjoyed watching the news or even reading the newspapers in the earlier years before the internet took over, you will find that there are now newscast programs as well as news articles embracing the internet all over the world. What used to be a fun night of watching television, is now time taken up with the entertainment of websites like YouTube.
Some of these advantages of Internet are:
- Can use any time of day and night every day
- Good for advertising
- Provides online surveys
- There is a global audience
- Provides a way for bills to be paid online
- Can do banking online
- Can grow your business online
Are you someone who loves science and knowing how it helps us in our daily lives? Do you like discovering the meaning behind life, plants, and animals? What about knowing the importance of the function of the human body? If these are things that interest you, then you need to know why science is the most important part of why we live in the world. From learning about the dinosaurs to learning about what makes us who we are, science is what helps us continue to learn how to live in the world. Even the planet Earth, is something that is extraordinarily scientific that has lots of answers for the most curious minds. Science, the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment, continues to be one of the most interesting things in the world to learn about.
There are many reasons for the existence of science and why it is important to our way of life. Some of these reasons include:
- Inspires curiosity and attitude of a discovery
- Promotes understanding of progress in the scientific field
- Encourages the integration of ideas and subjects
- Encourages seeking the truth
- Allows for the study of scientists
- Allows us to solve practical problems
- Addresses social issues
Do you have a strong passion for helping animals that have been abused or abandoned? Have you always wanted to do more in your community for abused animals? Or does it break your heart, knowing that animals have been neglected by owners who moved away? Then, you know the importance of why it is animals should be helped and given to owners who will provide love and good homes.
Cruelty towards animals should be stopped. Approximately, 7.6 million abused animals are housed in animal shelters each year. However, the justice for cruelty to animals have gotten better. From paying a fine to doing jail time, people who abuse animals are paying heavily for this cruelty against them. Abusers are no longer able to get away with the abuse of animals and communities are now joining together to get these criminals out of their neighborhoods. Residents have become more proactive. There are also other ways people have fought against the cruelty of animals, such as establishing organizations, like PETA and ASPCA. These organizations fight every day to help animals with overcoming their fear of abuse as well as learning how to live in a loving home as part of a loving family. With more unconditional love and support for helping animals and fighting for justice against animal cruelty, abusers will understand that abuse will not be tolerated.
The curiosity of traveling through space has intrigued the world for hundreds of years. From embracing the beauty of shooting stars to being curious of extraterrestrials beyond our world, the need to explore space has only broadened our minds even more. Space exploration, which is the investigation of the universe beyond the Earth’s atmosphere, continues to push people to explore the unknown. The years has brought a better understanding of why it is important to search for answers beyond the Earth and see what it is that is out in the universe. With the use of telescopes, satellites, space probes, spacecrafts and associated launch vehicles, exploring the cosmos will always be a focus that people will have when learning about the universe around us. With curiosity peaking about what lies beyond the world, our knowledge about space exploration will continue to help us teach newer generations the importance of exploring the universe. Exploring the outer space with space technology will be what brings the world together with a better understanding of the different planets.
Even though space exploration is still somewhat new to the world, there are advantages to exploring the unknown. Some of these advantages include:
- Allowing people to know more about the universe
- Paving the way for advanced technology
- The creation of many jobs
- A solution to problems in the earth’s atmosphere
- Possible encounters of asteroid harnesses
- Understanding the nature of dark matter
- Developed technology for exploring space
- More geological lessons
- Exploring life beyond earth
- Answering questions about the unknown
- Knowing more about comets
- The building of more robots or robotic products
- Education about space
- The search for extraterrestrial intelligence
- Improved medical equipment
There may be numerous benefits to exploring space and seeing how it is that the exploration can benefit us, but there are also risks for taking the chance to explore the unknown. Some of these risks and disadvantages of space exploration are:
- Leads to space pollution
- Can be very expensive
- Possible diseases in space that can harm all of mankind here on earth
- Danger of items entering the Earth’s atmosphere can be detrimental if not broken down
- There is not a guaranteed success in any project taken to explore space
- Intolerable of human errors or technical failures
- No gravity in space is a health issue
- Considered a waste of resources
- Money may be wasted
- Months and years of training are needed to operate a spacecraft
- Robots are not sophisticated enough to do the jobs that humans do in space
- Pilots can suffer from bone loss after going into space
- The conditions in space are hostile to life
Traveling through space can be a journey that many feel is much needed for learning about the atmosphere around us, but like any new thing encountered there are risks to be aware of. The curiosity of people will never fail when exploring something new. When learning about space it is wise to look at all of the pros and cons.
Responsible people are the ones that many look up to. They are people who are considered role models for others to follow and are even known for their examples of responsibility followed by others. Responsible people are always the ones who help out. This quality helps people to find a fondness and trustworthiness in them towards those who are responsible.
Responsibility, a duty, obligation, or burden, is something that many take on when handling priorities in anything they do throughout their day. Being responsible is something that is important because it allows you to be depended on even if others can’t be. Whether you are working, going to school, doing housework, or babysitting, being responsible is something that cannot be avoided in your day to day life. Some see the most responsible people as the first ones to call when emergencies happen while others know that a responsible person can be counted without having to be asked to be responsible.
A person who is responsible will not let you down and if they cannot finish a task or complete what they are asked to do, they are responsible enough to let others know. Being responsible is not something that will show failure in what is done. Responsible people will know how to lead in a task or team even if it can’t be completed.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to use rainwater for all of your needs? Would you like to use this water from nature for your livestock or in your home for all of your in-home necessities? Well, there is a way to get this water and use it for everything you need it for.
Meaning of rainwater harvesting
Rainwater harvesting, a process that involves capturing, diverting, and storing rainwater, is the most natural way to use water. If you are wondering how it is that the rainwater is captured or where it is collected from, then looking on hard surfaces, like rooftops or other manmade above ground hard surfaces, would be the best way to get the rainwater. Rainwater harvesting is becoming more of a popular way of using water in order to reduce the need to expand dams or build new ones. Some people even see this popular form of collecting rainwater as a way to save money on their water bill as well.
Advantages of rainwater harvesting
While collecting water has the benefit of saving money, there are other advantages that come with rainwater harvesting. Some of these advantages are:
- It is easy to maintain
- It is suitable for irrigation
- Reduces demand on ground water
- Reduces floods and soil erosion
- Can be used for non-drinking purposes
- Keeps your garden healthy
- Utilizes recycled materials
- Restores hydrologic cycle
- Protects your watershed
- Mitigates impacts of climate change
- Lessens the effects of wet and dry spells
- Drought-proof, fire-proof, and flood-proofs your garden
- Reduces your carbon footprint
- Reduces damage to creeks, water habitats, and organisms
- There is no better quality of water than rainwater
Disadvantages of rainwater harvesting
With the many different advantages for using rainwater, there are also disadvantages for using this natural source of water. Some of these disadvantages include:
- Unpredictable rainfall
- The costs for the system can be expensive
- Regular maintenance is required for rainwater tanks
- Roof types can be a problem for water tanks (Some allows for animal droppings, insects, etc.)
- Space can be limited to water tank storage
- Chemicals can seep into the water tanks
- Water supply is climate dependent
- The use of rainwater can be affected by rainwater
- Personal systems do not improve social activities
- It is difficult to implement rocky soil
- Storage is needed to bridge dry periods
- Installation of the rainwater system can be complicated and tedious
- Clogging may become an issue while using the rainwater system
- The harvesting system may not be suitable where groundwater is a primary source due to contaminant migration
Even though rainwater can be a natural source for using everything you need it for, there are still disadvantages that may help you decide if this way of using water is the best way to go. You not only have to look at your finances when installing a rainwater system, but also keep in mind how useful it would be for your personal environment. Whether you are using the rainwater for livestock or cooking and drinking, you will find that everything you need to know about using rainwater lies in the advantages and disadvantages.
Do you love looking at rainbows whenever the moment strikes? Have you ever stopped and looked at one in awe? Well, the beauty of a rainbow is mesmerizing, especially when stopping and gazing at it for a long period of time. While some people may love the colors seen in the sky by rainbows, others may take in the day as a moment of beauty. If you stop and take in gazing at a rainbow, you will feel like time stopped for a minute while you took in the most natural beauty in the world. The rainbow, a multicolored arc made by light streaking water droplets, is something that has made a lot people admire its uniqueness for many years. A result of the refraction and reflection of light, rainbows will remind you of perfect moments and beautiful memories when looking in the sky. If you catch it at the right moment, the memory of seeing your first rainbow may come back. Looking at this beautiful light gracing the sky, rainbows are circles, with the antisolar point being in the center. So if you are wanting to see something that will last in your memory for years to come, take a look at a rainbow. Take in the mesmerizing beautiful elegance that can be taken in and appreciated for the natural beauty it is.
Do you love to indulge your taste buds in cakes, cookies, or potato chips? Are you someone who enjoys burgers and pizza? Well, enjoying these delicious delights may be something that soothes your taste buds, but for some people, the term “junk food,” is something that surrounds this food. Whether over indulging in an unhealthy way or eating this food every once in awhile, junk food has a meaning that makes many who enjoy these treats weigh out the pros and cons.
Junk food, which has low nutritional value, is something that provides little preparation and is usually already packaged and ready to eat. Many people find these treats to be of easy access because of the easy packaging. These treats can also be high in fat or artificial substances. Eating junk food may be a snack that will fulfill your taste buds in the unhealthiest ways, but once you eat that mouthwatering snack, you will embrace this trend of loving junk food more openly.
Pros of Junk Food
Although junk food comes in many different snacks with many different ingredients in it that makes it unhealthy, there are pros to eating it. Some of these pros include:
- Having a good number of antioxidants in junk food
- Stops the late night snack craving
- Calcium in foods like ice-cream
- Chocolate Increases brain power
- Sources of protein with candies or foods that has peanuts or other kinds of nuts
- Vitamin B6, essential minerals, and fibre in potato products, like potato chips
- Essential vitamins, antioxidants, and compounds, in pizza
- Heart health being improved and cancer risk being reduced in pizza
- Good source of protein for burgers
- Conjugated linoleic acid with anti cancer attributes in foods like cheese whiz
- Fats in butter helps the body absorb vitamins
- Oleic acid in foods like pork rinds, which is also found in olive oil
- Stearic acid, a saturated fat in pork rinds, that does not raise blood cholesterol levels
- Help with losing weight in foods like hot sauce
- Low calories, polyphenols, and antioxidants in food or snacks like popcorn
Cons of Junk Food
Even though there are few properties in certain junk food that makes it healthy to eat without the worry of heart disease, there are still disadvantages that bring risks to those who eat junk food. Some of these risks are:
- Weight gain
- Chronic diseases
- Increased chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Increased bad cholesterol in bloodstream
- Tooth decay
- Gastrointestinal problems
- High blood pressure in salty foods
- Empty calories
- Artificial ingredients
- Uncontrollable cravings
Eating your favorite junk food may be something that you enjoy greatly, but like any enjoyable food that is over indulged, there are pros and cons to it. The best way to control how much of it you eat, is to balance it out. So if you are going to enjoy it, make sure you know the outcome of eating it.